Powered By Blogger

Maya in the Spring

Maya in the Spring
Maya was named after the poet Maya Angelou

Welcome , this my corner

I love to write. I've been writing since I was about 17years old. I' am always learning new ways to express my self. Welcome and enjoy my world.



Stefanie

Monday, February 22, 2010

Spoken Word

It Sat night 2/20/10 its around 8:30pm. Its called spoken word, the night was filled with party life. In the same place they had a party for 107.5 a local radio station here in Columbus. I'm there for the hunger of the words. I want to hear some poetry. I want to live high for a while and thne smoke back w/ease.

There is a group of folks there, they could have been getting crunk up in the glitz and glam but instead they are there for the hunger too. I want to jump for joy, when I see the first poet get up there, his name is Taalam Acey. I've seen him on youtube before. It was something, this artist. He spoke about family, brothers in struggle and most of just love and life. My ears were hungry for that type of spoken word.

Then comes the slam which was the best, all the artist were the BOMB!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment